|Casting time||1.5 sec cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Mind Spike is a priest ability learned at level 44 for those with the Shadow specialization. It deals Shadowfrost damage, yet also clears any existing Shadow damage over time effects on the target. It provides a quick nuke to use in situations where time is of the essence, such as when the priest has to swap targets frequently.
It also provides the priest with a shadow spell even if that school is currently locked; school lockouts no longer affect multi-school spells.
- Shadow abilities
- Patch 6.2.2 (1-Sep-2015): Mind Spike now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Mind Spike now deals 10% less damage.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): When interrupted while casting a single-school spell such as Mind Flay or Frostbolt, players will now be able to cast dual-school spells such as Mind Spike (Frost and Shadow schools) or Frostfire Bolt (Frost and Fire schools). However, being interrupted while casting a dual-school spell will still interrupt all respective schools as intended.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Casting an instant Mind Blast immediately following a Mind Spike should no longer cause Mind Blast to not benefit from the last cast of Mind Spike.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Added.