|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Mists of Pandaria cleared.
Marcus Jonathan was the general of Stormwind and high commander of Stormwind Defense. He was a level 72 and then level 87 elite quest giver located in the Valley of Heroes in the human capital city of Stormwind City.
The knight was tall, with wide shoulders and a sweeping mustache, proudly wearing a suit of heavy plate mail. The Stormwind insignia was emblazoned across both the breastplate of his armor and the crest of his helm, and a series of smaller engravings indicates that he was a high-ranking officer in the human army. His stance was that of a battle-hardened veteran, wary but still at ease, as if he was absolutely confident in his ability to deal with any danger that comes his way. General Marcus Jonathan was absolutely fearless in battle, completely willing to lay down his life in the defense of his country. He always strode boldly into combat, attempting to identify and then work his way toward the leader of the enemy forces. He preferred to move steadily into the middle of the enemy force, surrounding himself with enemies in order to maximize the benefit of his cleaving attack and to gain a moderate amount of cover from enemy archers.
Marcus and served together under .
In CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
In Cataclysm, General Marcus Jonathan aids in the arrest of Hogger in Elwynn Forest, and transports him to the Stormwind Stockades with the help of High Sorcerer Andromath.
In Mists of PandariaThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
In Mists of Pandaria, General Marcus Jonathan was killed at the Battle for Theramore, he was replaced by <High Commander of Stormwind Defense>.
After a player attempts to slay Hogger, General Marcus Jonathan appears, along with High Sorcerer Andromath
- General Marcus Jonathan says: Hold your blade adventurer!
- Ragamuffin says: General Marcus Jonathan!
- Ragamuffin says: Wow!
- Hogger yells: Grrr...
- General Marcus Jonathan says: This beast leads the Riverpaw gnoll gang and may be the key to ending gnoll aggression in Elwynn.
- General Marcus Jonathan says: We're taking him into custody in the name of King Varian Wrynn.
- Hogger yells: Nooooo...
- General Marcus Jonathan says: Take us to the Stockades, Andromath.
- If you saluted him, he would salute you back. If you waved to him, he would greet you by saying "Greetings, citizen".
- He had a dialogue with Reginald Windsor during the now removed quest,
- He may have been the star of and its sequels.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Removed from game.
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Added in Elwynn Forest.
- Patch 1.1.0 (07-Nov-2004): Added.
- Valley of Heroes
- Elwynn Forest