- Not to be confused with Maim Blackhand.
|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||10 sec (GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Cat Form|
Maim is a druid ability learned at level 82. It is a finishing move that deals damage and incapacitates the target.
- Feral abilities
- Maim is considered a stun and as such, shares diminishing returns with other stuns, such as bash, however it will not share diminishing returns with Pounce. The target can take damage without the maim being broken.
- Maim produces a very distinctive noise.
- Vengeful Gladiator's Dragonhide Gloves (and higher quality gladiator's gloves) reduces the energy cost by 15.
Tips and tactics
- A four combo point Maim gives you enough time to heal yourself with a Healing Touch, or give your energy enough time to regenerate for a Shred. Also in 1 vs 1 you may have time to Prowl and Ravage or Pounce again.
- A low combo point Maim is great at interrupting casts.
- After a two to three combo point Maim you can cast cyclone safely, this gives enough time to Prowl.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Maim had its damage increased by 100%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Tooltip now specifies that the Interrupt effect only occurs on non-player targets.
- Hotfix (2009-06-08): "When immune to the stun of following abilities, Maim, Bash, and Hammer of Justice will no longer cause player spells to be interrupted but they will still interrupt NPCs. Also, when these abilities do stun a player target, they will not perform an interrupt effect and lock out the affected magic school. As an example, if a Mage is channeling Arcane Missiles and is hit by Hammer of Justice, Blink will now be available as the Arcane school will not be locked out as it was before."
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Rank 2 of this ability is properly considered a stun and can be escaped by Blink.
- Hotfix (2009-04-17): "Maim should no longer be removable with Berserker Rage."
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "Rank 2 of maim should now correctly provide an interrupt effect."
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): This ability is now considered a stun, and shares a diminish category with all other stuns. It no longer has a chance to break from the target taking damage. Duration lowered to 1 second per combo point.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Tooltip adjusted to match the duration the ability has always had.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.