|Casting time||Instant cast|
Mage Armor is a mage ability learned at level 80 for those with the arcane specialization. It is a self-only buff that improves mastery; in addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against the mage are reduced by 25% when Mage Armor is active.
- This is very handy in groups and on raids when mages not being hit, but their ability to keep fighting over a long period of time is important.
- In PvP the 25% debuff time reduction can be a life-saver, especially when facing Warlocks, since a great deal of their damage comes from damage over time effects and dispellable curses.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Mage Armor is now a passive effect and is available only to Arcane Mages.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Mage Armor now reduces the duration of harmful Magic effects by 25% (down from 35%).
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Now reduce harmful magic debuff's duration by 35%. Down from 50%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Now restore 3% of total mana every 5 sec, instead of granting a spirit based regeneration.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now grants 50% of mana regeneration while casting. Up from 30%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor, and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Now has a new, unique icon.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Added.