Lockmaw is a boss in the Lost City of the Tol'vir in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. His name is likely a reference to Lockjaw, a well known large Crocodile from the original Everquest, who was also found in a similar environment.
- Normal: Move away from Viscous Poison ground spots. Move to Lockmaw's side when he uses Dust Flail. AE taunt Frenzied Crocolisk adds if possible, or designate a DPS to burn them down if necessary. Keep away from Augh if possible, to avoid Whirlwind and Smoke Bomb. If you have a player who can cure poison, and has excess mana, cure Paralytic Blow Dart when it hits someone.
- Heroic: After Lockmaw dies, you have to kill Augh. Try to move to avoid Dragon's Breath.
- —Deals 10000 damage per sec to surrounding enemies but slows movement speed by 20%.
- —Shoots a paralytic blow dart at the enemy, dealing 8499 damage and then 4300 damage every 2 seconds. Also reduces haste by 40%.
- —Deals 1499 bleeding damage every 2 seconds. Nearby hungry crocolicks can smell your blood. You are a prime target for attack.
- Frenzied Crocolisk
- —Inflicts 50% of weapon damage to an enemy and causes it to bleed for 1000 damage per application every 2 sec. for 15. stacks
This is a 2-part boss fight, the first part is killing Lockmaw, the second is killing Augh. You can do both of these separately, so for that reason pull the croc back a bit so that Augh doesn't aggro right away. (you are out of combat until you pull Augh).
Phase 1: Lockmaw
Avoid clouds of dust. These spawn where Augh whirlwinds and where Lockmaws tail is. They cause massive, avoidable damage.
Non tanks should worry about being marked with Scent of Blood. When marked, a small red arrow will point at them and 3 (heroic: 4) non-elite crocolisks will come chomp on the affected target. These small crocolisks need to be burned down. For this reason, I'd suggest stacking on the boss. Hunters should be close and feign death after all the crocks have jumped on them.
Augh has a presence in phase 1, but is easily avoidable. Dont get into his whirlwind and you should be fine.
Around 40% or so he will go into a venomous rage, and this can should be tranq'd or soothed off.
There is lots of poison so nature resist comes in handy.
After Lockmaw is dead, drink up, heal up, and rez any dead rogues and mages you have, and be ready for Augh.
Phase 2: Augh
Augh is a crazy little bugger. His frenzy cannot be removed. He will cast dragons breath (short cone which disorients as well as does damage). Stay out of his whirlwinds, and heal through the blow darts. In heroic, he was pretty easy compared to any other heroic encounter.
- Scent of Blood
- Augh says: Bwagauugh!!! Augh feed you to da croc!!!
- Augh says: Gwaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!!
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Lockmaw no longer tolerates fighting in his treasure room. You also cannot stand on the croc statues to avoid the adds.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.