|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
- Being an elemental shield, Lightning Shield cannot be used at the same time as (restoration) or . It is however possible to use Water Shield or Lightning Shield on yourself while Earth Shield is up on another target.
- It uses the lightning animation instead of the normal nature animation.
- The damage caused is considered direct damage, though it cannot crit.
- Lightning Shield is a good alternative to Water Shield for solo play or PvP, especially if mana is not a problem (either because you have enough mana anyway or because you expect fights to be quick).
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Lightning Shield now persists through death.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Lightning Shield and Water Shield can no longer be dispelled.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This spell will no longer set off some trinkets when it is cast.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Mana cost removed.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Lightning Shield mana cost reduced.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Procs from this buff will no longer cause neutral town guards to attack the Shaman. In addition, Nightmare Vine will no longer cause charges of this buff to be consumed.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Ranks 8 and 9 of this spell now trigger correctly while mounted.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Some battleground power-up effects were consuming charges of Lightning Shield. They no longer cause charges to be consumed. The range on Lightning Shield has been extended to hit anyone within vision range.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Tooltip updated to reflect actual functionality.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.