Attacks & abilities
He uses dino-moves like:
- Bellowing Roar: A massive roar frightens all enemies within 35 yds. of the caster, fearing them for 4 sec.
- Fearsome Roar: Reduces all damage done by nearby enemies by 125 (250 on heroic) for 8 sec.
- Grievous Bite: A vicious attack that causes the target to bleed for 1050 to 1250 every 2 seconds until fully healed.
- Mangling Slash: Slashes at an enemy, increasing the damage it takes from Bleed effects by 75%.
- Piercing Slash: Slashes at an enemy, dealing 125% weapon damage and reducing its armor by 75% for 10 sec.
- Raptor Call: Calls a nearby raptor to assist King Dred.
Heroic: Also performs Menacing Claw, a powerful attack (~15-18k on plate). The tank will have to eat the damage.
This is an easy tank and spank fight. The healer needs to be careful of Grievous Bite. Lay on Hands is an excellent way to remove the debuff. The armor debuff combined with heavy bleed damage can be stressful on the healer. Another important factor is to either pull the adds before King Dred or to dps them once they are called by Raptor Call.
Bellowing Roar is a 35 yard range which enables healers to out range the fear altogether. Shamans can use Tremor Totem, Priests can use Fear Ward to help the tank from moving. Warrior tanks can use Berserker Rage to break the fear, and Feral druids that have specced that far can use Berserk. Having the healer stand at maximum range from the tank (with the tank facing the mob towards the healer) will ensure the healer never gets feared.
An alternative tactic is to have a heavy-armor dpser taunt King Dred when he emotes "King Dred raises his claws menacingly", indicating that he is about to cast his three strikes in quick succession. Often a plate-wearer (or druid in bear form) can survive these attacks so long as the boss is quickly taunted back off of them. This will spread out the damage and greatly reduce the effect of the armor reduction debuff from Piercing Slash.
is achieved during Heroic mode by killing 6 raptors (Drakkari Gutrippers, Drakkari Scytheclaws) while King Dred is engaged. The raptors need not be engaged all at the same time, and recall the power mentioned above, where King Dred summons a nearby raptor to his side.
Tamable, and exotic to boot.