|Ingredients • Milling • Quests • Recipes • Trainers • Glyphs • Economical Training|
- Were you looking for the type of armor augments known as Inscriptions or the class lore from the RPG Inscriber?
Inscription is a profession which was introduced in Patch 3.0.2. Inscription will allow players to augment the cooldown, damage, or mechanics (stun, knockback, DoT, HoT, etc.) of a spell. It will have two aspects: augmentation of abilities and spells with the creation of a new type of item ("scrolls", for example, from ink, parchment, and other reagents). Every player will get a new spell book page to which they can add up to six glyphs — currently ranging from one major and one minor at level 15 to three major and three minor at level 80.
Inscribing abilities for other characters will involve the creation of Inscription-based scrolls which can be traded, bought, or sold at the auction house in the same manner as other items.
Those who don't purchase any expansion will be able to use items created by a scribe, and learn the profession. However, like all other skills, only those who buy the Wrath of the Lich King expansion will be able to level it beyond 375.
- Main article: Glyph
Scribes will create Glyphs that allow players to modify their spells and abilities.
- Backstab could be enhanced to do more damage to stunned and incapacitated targets. ()
- Shadow Bolt could be enhanced to cost less mana. ()
- Frostbolt could be enhanced to do more damage, but remove the slowing effect. ()
- Swiftmend could be enhanced to not consume a Rejuvenation or Regrowth effect from the target. ()
Major glyphs will be effective in combat — adding damage over time or stun to a physical attack, for example — while minor glyphs will give convenient or cosmetic improvements, removing the need for some spell reagents.. Major glyph recipes are taught by inscription trainers, while minor glyphs may be learned only through discovery by Minor Inscription Research.
Class Specific Glyphs
Below is a list of each class's available glyphs.
- Death knight glyphs
- Druid glyphs
- Hunter glyphs
- Mage glyphs
- Paladin glyphs
- Priest glyphs
- Rogue glyphs
- Shaman glyphs
- Warlock glyphs
- Warrior glyphs
- Main article: Inscription ingredients
Pigments are created by milling herbs, the list of which can be seen in the Inscription ingredients article.
- Main article: Inscription trainers
Inscription will be trainable at low levels like other professions.
- <Grand Master Inscription Trainer> in Dalaran above Crystalsong Forest
- <Grand Master Inscription Trainer> in Valiance Keep, Borean Tundra.
- <Grand Master Inscription Trainer> in Valgarde, Howling Fjord
- <Grand Master Inscription Trainer> in Warsong Hold, Borean Tundra
- <Grand Master Inscription Trainer> in Vengeance Landing, Howling Fjord
- <Master Inscription Trainer> in Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula
- <Master Inscription Trainer> in Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula
- Should be a supplier in each racial capital city.
- <Inscription Supplies> in Pools of Vision, Mulgore
- <Inscription Supplies> in Dalaran above Crystalsong Forest
- <Inscription Supplies> in Amber Ledge, Borean Tundra near the top of the tower
- <Inscription Supplies> in Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula
- <Inscription Supplies> in Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula
- Glyphs can be sold at the Auction House.
- Inscription supplies can be purchased in any capital city.
- Glyphs must be installed next to a Lexicon of Power. This is typically located near an inscription trainer.
- Minor Glyphs may be learned only through discovery (by casting Minor Inscription Research).