|Casting time||1.5 sec cast|
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Immolate is a warlock ability learned at level 12 for those with the Destruction specialization. It deals both direct damage and damage over time, with an emphasis on the latter. It is one of the common DoTs destruction warlocks place of their targets. In addition, critical strikes will generate Burning Embers.
Modified by Edit
- Destruction abilities
When tanking mobs with your pet (either Voidwalker or Felguard), save casting Immolate until the end of your DoT rotation. Not only does it have the shortest duration, but as it deals initial damage, it generates the most threat and could possibly pull the mob to you.
However, there is an exception to the above tactic. If the warlock is soloing and the tactic is that of a Warlock Tank with the expectation of a long fight, casting Immolate at the start may be beneficial for two reasons. First, the warlock avoids potential interruption of the cast time when offering an opening Immolate. Secondly, if the fight is expected to be in the 25-35 sec. range, a second Immolate can be cast, maximizing the likelihood of conducting a mana-efficient battle.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Immolate damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Immolate now deals 15% more damage.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The damage-over-time component of this spell can now produce critical strikes.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Immolate and Unstable Affliction: All ranks of these two spells will now overwrite each other.
- Hotfix (2009-04-15): "We have hotfixed the damage of the Warlock spell Conflagrate from 100% to 70% of Immolate's total periodic damage instantly. The tooltip may still show 100% until a future update though."