- This article is about general PvP 'honor system' info. For the current PvP system, see Honor System 3.0.
The honor system is a way for players to gain honor rewards and PvP rewards by participating in PvP (Player vs. Player) settings (random, world, arena, battleground, or zone). Initially, only random, world and battlegrounds were available, but arena and zone areas were added to the game too.
Random PvP Edit
- Main article: Random PvP
Honor Points are obtainable in Random PvP fights by killing enemy players.
World PvP Edit
- Main article: World PvP
Honor Points are obtainable in World PvP fights by killing enemy players.
- Main article: Arena PvP system
In arena, by killing other players, you will not be awarded with Honor Points. Anyway you get them from the Arena Flush, that awards players who have done atleast 10 Arena Games with Honor Points. The amount of Honor Points are based on Team Rating.
- Main article: Battleground
In Battlegrounds you obtain Honor Points by killing enemy players and by playing the Battleground's objectives. Also, when the Battleground ends, if your faction has won, you will be awarded with extra Honor Points.
PvP zones Edit
- Main article: PvP zone
There are basically two types of PvP zones: subzones and full zones. They are distinguished from other PvP areas in that special rules and effects apply while in these zones, but they are not instanced in any way, so players can enter and leave the zones freely. World of Warcraft started with PvP tasks in Eastern Plaguelands and Silithus. Burning Crusade added more PvP subzones (in Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand, Terokkar Forest, and Zangarmarsh), and Wrath of the Lich King added full PvP zones (Wintergrasp). Cataclysm added Tol Barad and Tol Barad Peninsula as PvP zones. Mists of Pandaria did not add any PvP zones or subzones. Warlords of Draenor added Ashran island as a combination faction quest hub and PvP zone. Legion added a PvP subzone for most major zones (except Broken Shore?) plus the Dalaran Sewers.
- Hellfire Peninsula PvP subzones:
- Nagrand PvP subzones:
- Terokkar Forest PvP subzones:
- Zangarmarsh PvP subzones:
- Ashran island subzones outside of Stormshield and Warspear are PvP enabled.
- Dalaran PvP subzones:
- Azsuna PvP subzones:
- Highmountain PvP subzones:
- Stormheim PvP subzones:
- Suramar PvP subzones:
- Val'sharah PvP subzones:
Zone-specific PvP tokens EditThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
- - earned in Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh for Alliance Players.
- - earned in Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh for Horde Players.
- - earned when killing players surrounding Halaa in Nagrand.