|Cooldown||/6 sec cooldown|
1 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)
Requires level 17
Requires Melee Weapon
Heroic Throw is a core warrior ability learned at level 17. It allows warriors to fling their weapon like a boomerang, dealing damage then returning the weapon to their hand. The most obvious usage of this ability is to make a ranged pull, as opposed to the up-close and personal Charge.
- When tanking, this ability can prove useful for making ranged pulls. The additional threat from this attack is also a great boon for holding aggro on a single mob.
- The attack's animation shows your weapon flying through the air, spinning end over end, regardless of the aerodynamic properties of the weapon (or lack thereof).
- Most PvPers macro Charge with Heroic Throw together for extra damage as Charge is off the global cooldown.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.3 (19-Jul-2016): Has no cooldown and increased threat for Protection Warriors.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Heroic Throw is now a high-threat ability, generating 300% extra threat, has a 6-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), but now has a 15 yard minimum range.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Heroic Throw is now available from trainers at level 20.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Heroic Throw missile speed increased.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Heroic Throw no longer triggers the snare from Mage Frost Armor.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): No longer gains increased damage from the warrior’s agility.