Hermit Ortell was once member of the Twilight's Hammer cult, but has recently deserted the sect. However, the Twilight's Hammer are not kind to those that leave their ranks, and since Ortell's retirement, they have attempted to hunt him down, but he fooled them so they believe he's in a cave system in Westfall. Needless to say, an enemy of theirs is a friend of his.
Quests[87, 43] in Dun Morogh. When you enter, you join Silithus general chat.
Having completed all of his quests, adventurers may choose to hand in to him, instead of giving them to Bor Wildmane in Cenarion Hold. If you hand in a stack of 10 Encrypted Twilight Texts to Hermit Ortell, he will try to decrypt them and send them to you. This will not raise your reputation with Cenarion Circle!
- Decoded Twilight Texts, which contains background information about the Twilight Hammer (Other than providing the player with something to read, this item is useless and can be sold to a vendor)
- Scrolls of Agility, Strength, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit and Armor
- In rare cases: Recipes for Blacksmithing and Tailoring
- A Scroll that can be used to create an Object of Beckoning (for use at a Wind stone). These are now obsolete, as the quests were removed during Cataclysm.
Hermit Ortell, now wearing proper clothes, appears in Mount Hyjal as Elementalist Ortell. He stands next to the air elemental Aeolos. He is also hiding within an outhouse at the Forge of Supplication and offers quests from there (see Outhouse Hideout).
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added as Elementalist Ortell in Mount Hyjal.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Added.
- Mount Hyjal