Taking place once a year in Feralas, it celebrates the hatching of the Frayfeather Hippogryphs and their flight out to sea. If a player arrives and witnesses the event, they can gain a non-combat pet (not a battle pet or companion) similar to Pepe.
Official preview description Edit
Hatching an egg Edit
- Look for Frayfeather nests along the hills to the west.
- Look for which should be highlighted on your minimap ().
- Sit or stand near an egg (your character should start what looks like a crafting animation) and the chat window text:
- Oh? Is the egg moving?
- The egg seems cold. Stay close to it to keep it warm.
- Look for the indicator the egg is hatching and the chat window text:
- You hear a rustling sound inside the egg.
- The hippogryph inside is struggling to escape.
- This is it! The egg is hatching!
- The egg will disappear and a will appear on your character's shoulder.
Extending the hatchling time Edit
Soon after your egg hatches, the spectral [89-110] <Ancient Frayfeather Matriarch> should spawn nearby. If you're low level, hopefully a group of higher level characters will mostly kill the mob, but be careful as it can one-shot lower level characters.
When killed it drops Spectral Feather, which should extend your hatchling's company for a total of 5 days.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.1.5 (10-Jan-2017): Added.
See also Edit