|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Legion invaded Azeroth.
|Hand of Freedom|
|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||25 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Hand of Freedom was a core paladin ability learned at level 52. As of Patch 3.0.2 this ability replaced the former  and works in the same way, but uses the Hand system to prevent conflicts with Blessings. It was removed when Blessing of Freedom returned in Legion.
Modified by Edit
Tips & tactics Edit
- Hand of Freedom will remove the effects of Player Daze, but is useless against Creature Daze.
- In Warsong Gulch, when protecting the flag carrier, take note of the number of enemy priests or shaman around before casting Hand of Freedom. They can easily dispel it. Also, a mage can spellsteal it.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.1 (Alpha): Removed. Replaced by return of .
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Tooltip updated to match hotfix change.
- Hotfix (2015-05-11): "No longer usable while stunned."
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Range increased from 30 to 40 yards.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): It is no longer possible to use this ability while under the effects of the druid spell Cyclone. In addition, disconnecting while rooted will no longer sometimes trigger casting this on oneself.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of Infected Wounds and Frostfire Bolt.
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): The base duration of this buff has been reduced from 10 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now works properly against the froststorm Breath Hunter pet ability.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added with same id as .