Thunderbrew Guard is a 3 year-old, established guild with the sole purpose of providing a light, fun, and helpful atmosphere in which to game. The majority of our members are working adults and we understand that Real Life comes first. We are not a hardcore end-game guild. We stick together for fun and friendship, not for phat lewt.
So, if being part of a fun, casual and mature guild appeals to you, we may just be what you have been looking for!
This guild was formed on Steamwheedle Cartel US. Our main focus is on 5-man content and occasional 10-man raids. Our officers are Arshley, Gillyy, and Betsea.
Thunderbrew Guard was originally formed on June 19, 2006. We are rapidly approaching our 4th birthday, making us one of the oldest guilds on the Steamwheedle Cartel server.
TBG In the News!
How to Join TBG:
- In order to be added to the guild in-game, a player must first join our website and post an introduction containing the name of their main character, a little bit about themselves, and what they're looking for in a guild.
- An officer will then contact the potential member to discuss their application.
- If the applicant is offered an associate membership, we will modify access to the site and the new member will be welcome to post in the guild forums.
An association period is necessary to allow new members the chance to get to know the current members and the current members the chance to get to know the new member. As it stands there is no real fixed time for the association period; however, to be fair to the applicant, the period should last no more than two to four weeks. An associate may be removed from the guild roster if they haven't logged in for more than 30 days.
The associate membership period is meant to be a non-threatening fun time where we get to know each other. We aren't putting associates under the microscope; we're interested in what the person is like and not about their skill level. So don't worry!
Promotion to Brewer
The process for this is an informal vote where a ‘large majority’ needs to be in agreement on the associate before we will offer membership. The system is in place to ensure that people who already call the guild home are completely comfortable with any new member as every full member, even the newest ones, become an equal. At the end of the day, the quality of the membership and the closeness of the group outweigh any need for numbers or classes.
Once full membership is extended and accepted, the player gets promoted to Brewer and has the same rights and privileges as all other members. Once you’re a member, you’re an equal partner in the guild and bear equal responsibility for its success with all other members.
- For BoE Items: Select Greed. However if it is an upgrade for you and you will equip it, let everyone else know and they will almost certainly let you select Need.
- For BoP Items: Pass on all BOP items by clicking the X in the top right corner of the box, whether you need the item or not. Once everyone has passed, the group can decide on who to award the item to.
If one person needs the item as an upgrade, they are awarded it.
If two or more people need the item, they can roll need for it by typing /roll.
If noone needs the item, all group members will type /roll to greed roll for it. The winner can then either keep the item for vendor sale or have it disenchanted.
Please be considerate of your fellow party members. If you have already won a BOP item, you should not roll Need again against anyone who has not yet won one.
- Arshley, GM & Banker
- Gillyy, Associate Member Coordinator & Website Guru
- Betsea, Recruiter & Website Guru