|Casting time||Instant cast|
Guardian Spirit is a priest ability learned at level 70 for those with the Holy specialization. A friendly target receives 60% more healing for 10 seconds. If the target dies while under the effect of the spell, the Guardian Spirit will prevent death by sacrificing itself and restore 40% of the target's maximum health.
Modified by Edit
- Any friendly target can only benefit from Guardian Spirit every 60 seconds (internal cooldown)
- Guardian Spirit prevents death, it will not reset a target's threat.
- The ability can be dispelled and is not affected by global cooldown.
- Guardian Spirit is able to heal critically.
- Guardian Spirit won't prevent death from fall damage.
- A paladin's Ardent Defender heal must be on cooldown before Guardian Spirit can be consumed.
- This is the Holy priest's panic button when a party member is about to die.
- Casting Guardian Spirit on the tank will allow the priest to heal other party members, while the tank is safe.
- Using a macro or addon to announce your target is recommended.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit can now always be cast while stunned.
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Guardian Spirit's healing bonus has been increased to 60%, up from 40%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Guardian Spirit: It is no longer possible for simultaneous killing blows to trigger the heal from this ability multiple times.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Guardian Spirit: A target may now have only one Guardian Spirit active.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added; Guardian Spirit will now heal the target 50% of their maximum health.