|Casting time||Instant cast|
Tips and tactics Edit
- Growl is particularly useful for saving nukers and healers from being attacked by mobs.
- Thanks to its long range, it can also be used to pull mobs if Faerie Fire (Feral) is on cooldown or otherwise unfavorable.
- Challenging Roar can function as a backup if Growl is on cooldown.
- If all else fails, immobilization of the mob - by Bash - can be a good alternative against non-boss mobs.
- Growling at a critter sometimes causes the critter to run in fear instead of coming to you, though certain ones will attack you (such as frogs).
- Has no Rage cost.
- You get this ability automatically when you get Bear Form.
- As of patch 4.0.1, Growl no longer has a miss chance (even with +0% hit). Prior to 4.0.1, Growl followed the following rules: It was treated as a spell. It couldn't be cast when silenced and it had a 17% chance to miss raid bosses (in contrast to the 8% chance to miss boss mobs for melee attacks). So even if you are melee hit capped (263 hit rating at level 80), Growl's chance to miss was still 9%. This 9% gap was mostly covered with Glyph of Growl (which was removed in 4.0.1).
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Activates bear form.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Removed miss chance of this effect.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Range increased to 30 yards.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Cooldown changed to 8 sec.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): The chance for this ability to land successfully on its target is now increased by hit rating.