- Global Thermal Sapper Charge
- Item Level
- Requires Engineering (400)
Requires Goblin Engineer
- Use: Explodes when triggered, dealing 2188 to 2812 Fire damage to all enemies nearby and 2188 to 2812 damage to you. Also causes major siege damage. (5 Min Cooldown)
- Sell Price: 50
Unrivaled among engineering-created explosive devices, this is an enhanced version of the . It follows the goblin principle of "maximum destructive ability, minimum self-preservation" seen in the side effects of other Goblin Engineering items.
A set of 5 Global Thermal Sapper Charges requires:
The recipe for this is taught by Goblin Engineering trainers.
- Does 200 damage to buildings and walls that can be damaged in Wintergrasp.
- Note that it does not damage "everyone nearby", just enemies, and the wielder. This suggests strategies involving multiple Goblin Engineers, albeit at 5 minute intervals.
- Given the signature icon of a Mushroom cloud, the name is almost certainly a reference to the term "Global Thermonuclear war". Another possible reference could be the thermal detonators of Star Wars.
- These bombs played an important part in the Goon Squad's Wintergrasp Speedrun.
Patch 3.1.3 (2009-06-02): Siege damage reduced from 1200 to 200.