Info from the official site
'Twas the feast of Great-Winter
And all through the land
All the races were running
With snowballs in hand.
The cooks were all frantic
And for those "in the know"
Swoops and owls were crashing
Like new-fallen snow.
Cookies and eggnog
Were consumed by all
As the snowballs flew freely
And drunks smashed into walls.
May your feast of Great-Winter
Be one merry and bright
And from all here at Blizzard
We wish you a fun night!
The Feast of Winter Veil is upon us, and Greatfather Winter is busy spreading holiday cheer in major cites across the land! Here are a few holiday treats players can now experience in-game:
- The Jinglepocket Goblins have set up their seasonal fare shops in major cities. Adventurers can purchase many holiday favorites - including Greatfather's Winter ale, candy canes, gingerbread cookie recipes, and mistletoe.
- All the cheer-spreading is making Greatfather Winter hungry, and he is looking for adventurers to get him his daily fix of milk and cookies.
- Smokeywood Pastures needs a few brave adventurers to investigate the disappearance of a shipment of holiday goods traveling though Alterac.
- January 2nd is the last day of the Feast of Winter Veil.
- Kissing a ' ' under mistletoe will magically create for you 5 sprigs of or 5 ... You can also get (x5), which can be used to transform your mount into a reindeer for thirty minutes...
- There are snow mounds, , in the snowy parts of the Alterac Mountains (and Dun Morogh) during this event. You can pick up off them. They used to have a knock back effect, but that has been changed.
- There are special snow mounds, , in Alterac Valley during this event. You can pick 5 off them. They have a knock back and dismount effect so use them wisely.
- Around this event, Blizzard forum posters use the portrait shown to the right →
- The quest  and  are actually Neutral quests, in that they can be done by players of either faction. If a character has both quests, they can be accomplished at the same time. The difficulty in gaining the quest in the opposing faction's city is ... the opposing faction.
- The Winter Wondervolt Machine is available in or just outside of several cities to transform your character's appearance into a Winter Veil gnome. Your gnome outfit is randomly red or green.
Winter Veil presents
Near the end of the Feast of Winter Veil (December 25th through January 2nd), various gifts are available underneath the trees near Greatfather Winter in Ironforge, and Great-father Winter in Orgrimmar.
While some of the gifts are available to all, you must be at least a certain level to receive others.
|Quest||Contents (2007 and 2008)|
|1||Gently Shaken Gift||none||*5x or 5x|
|2||Winter Veil Gift||10||a (in 2007) |
|3||Carefully Wrapped Present||none||5x|
|5||Gaily Wrapped Present||20||one of:|
chance of another recipe
There are several special items and plans that are only available during the Feast of Winter Veil.
New for 2008
- New for 2008 are Winter Veil World Event achievements.
- The Winter Veil Gift, the Clockwork Rocket Bot, is replaced in 2008 by . The Crashin' Thrashin' Racer is used to combat other Crashin' Thrashin' Racers by crashing into them. The Racer looks like a goblin rocket on wheels.
New for 2007
- Blowing kisses to a can now give you 5 .
- Winter veil of 2007 added a new mechanical vanity pet, the . These little guys attack each other and can be summoned as many times as the player wishes.
- Patterns & Recipes
Due to a bug in the delivery system, only a few people were mailed the new recipes, as it had been intended. This led to some question as to the requirements of getting the new recipes. On December 20th, 2007, Kisirani posted on the US official forums that a hotfix had been put in place, making all the new recipes purchasable from in Ironforge, and in Orgrimmar for around 50s each. You do not even need the tradeskill to buy the recipe, but the recipe is BoP. The hotfix was activated on Tuesday, December 25th for all servers.
- - Restores 61 health over 18 secs
- - Used to make Gingerbread Cookies and Egg Nog.
- - Used to make Egg Nog.
- - Throw them around!
- - Cookie that restores 61 health over 18 secs, also gain Well Fed (+2 stam & spirit) for 15 mins
- - Drink that restores 61 health over 18 secs, also gain Well Fed (+2 stam & spirit) for 15 mins.
- - Makes 1 snowball per day.
- - +7 damage with frost spells
- - Blacksmithed 1H Axe
- - Leather gloves
- - +15 frost damage for 30
- - Green Shirt