- 'Event' can also refer to a triggering message for some API function. See Events (API) for more details.
For many of Azeroth's inhabitants, combat on both a grand scale and at the level of individual skirmishes has become ritualistic and in some ways even ceremonial. This page documents the ongoing confrontations and celebrations in the game - and those events in between (player organized events included) which the line has blurred. Below are some of the events, which are fun if you ever get around to them.
Types of environment changes accompanying events include:
- caravans, tents, or wagons being added to an area,
- decorations on buildings,
- new fixed devices,
- new mobs, quest givers, vendors, or other NPCs,
- special drink and food,
- holiday-specific quests and quest rewards, and
- holiday-themed recipes.
Over the course of Azeroth's troubled history, the times of celebration have fallen under the shadow of the conflicts that have shaped and scarred the world. Every day, as new challenges surface, new champions answer the call to arms, relishing the glory and the rewards of battles well fought. Below are details of some of the current disturbances warranting investigation - and participation - by the world's most adventurous heroes.
- Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza (Sunday from 2-4pm)
- Elemental Invasions (occur randomly, though frequently)
- Gurubashi Arena Booty Run (every 3 hours)
- Darkmoon Faire (appears one week per month, alternating locations)
- Battlegrounds Holiday (from Thursday night to Tuesday morning every week)
To help offset the strain and tension of constant warfare, the leaders of the Horde and the Alliance occasionally organize full-blown festivities for their people, centered around holidays and special events. What better way to celebrate the year's victories and other achievements than in the company of a few thousand of your closest allies?
|Azeroth Event||Time Period||Related Earth Event||Additional Info|
|New Year||Dec 31 - Jan 1||New Year's Eve||Gregorian calendar|
|Lunar Festival||Varies (Spring)||Lunar New Year||Chinese calendar|
|Love is in the Air||Feb 10th - Feb 15th||Valentine's Day|
|Children's Week||May 1st - May 7th|| Children's Day - Japan|
Mother's Day - US (and in most other countries, including: UK, Belgium and the Netherlands)
|Midsummer Fire Festival||June 21st - July 5th|| Midsummer|
Independence Day - US
|US observed! Fire in the Sky Engineers' Explosive Extravaganza|
|Harvest Festival||Sept 8th - Sept 13th|| Roughly Thanksgiving - Canada, US (actually celebrated in October and November in Canada and US, respectively)|
Columbus Day - US
US Stress Test ended: September 12, 2004
|Peon Day||???||EU Closed Beta began: September 30, 2004||EU observed! |
|Brewfest||Sept 20th - Oct 4th||Oktoberfest - Germany|
|Hallow's End||Oct 18th - Nov 1st||Halloween|
|Feast of Winter Veil||Dec 15th - Jan 2nd||Christmas|
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj
- The Scourge Invasion
- Dark Portal Opens
- Capture of Sun's Reach and Opening of the Sunwell Gates (Introduced in Patch 2.4)
- Spirits of Competition
- Events info:
- Events calendars: