Pre-eminence in eredar warlock society depends almost entirely upon magical power. Those who command the greatest selection of paramount spells — and thus in theory the greatest magical arsenal — rise to higher ranks. Those whose arcane abilities top out at such pitiful cantrips as wish and shape change are grunts and lackeys, scarcely worthy of notice.
Eredar warlocks are spellcasters first. They have been known to flick their fingers in an enemy's direction, causing flesh, bone, and even steel to flare with entropic fire. They avoid combat with even an innocuous foe until they can establish a collection of defensive and self-enhancement spells. Most maintain a mage armor or frost armor effect continuously. If the enemy seems weak and not worth the expenditure of spells, eredar warlocks wade into combat with their claws. If the enemy is strong, an eredar warlock creates an advantage of numbers, summoning monsters, enchanting his opponents, and using spells that divide his enemies.
Named eredar warlocksEdit
Eredar warlock creeps EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft III.
Eredar Warlock mobs of Warcraft III:
- Many sources imply that "eredar warlock" is the name of the race instead of just "eredar", however, it may be just a faction or subrace of the species.
- In the Warcraft RPG, they were sorcerers (because there was no warlock class in the Warcraft RPG) but in the World of Warcraft RPG they are warlocks.
- Eredar warlocks are now counted as some of the greatest sorcerers in the universe.
- Eredar warlocks can imbue an intelligent creature with magic. Generally, eredar warlocks remove the imbued creature's memory of their condition, charms them to use their new abilities in the warlock's service, or keeps them caged as a living tool and standard of the Burning Legion.
- The warlocks were born of the eredar race, they absolutely corrupt and unimaginably powerful. Kil'jaeden, an eredar warlock, taught the orcs the secrets of warlock magics, but the orcs could never master the powers of entropy and destruction as well as the wicked eredar. Under Archimonde's command, the warlocks serve as the Legion's tacticians and strategists.
- ^ Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual, pg. 77, 80
- ^ "...an insidious race of devilish sorcerers..." - Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual, pg. 77
- ^ a b c d e Manual of Monsters, pg. 199
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 58
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 59
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Eredar Warlocks (English) (SHTML). Battle.net. Retrieved on 2009-12-30.
- ^ Well of Eternity, pg. 325, 327, 359
- ^ Demon Soul, pg. 50, 84, 86
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 58-60, 150, 152, 155, 163
- ^ World of Warcraft RPG Conversion Document, pg. 3
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 120
- ^ Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos manual, pg. 80