- Deathcharger's Reins
- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Mount"Mount" is not in the list of possible values (Cloth armor, Leather armor, Mail armor, Plate armor, Axe, Dagger, Fishing pole, Fist weapon, Mace, Miscellaneous, Polearm, Staff, Sword, Bag, Enchanting bag, Engineering bag, Gem bag, Herb bag, Leatherworking bag, Mining bag, Soul bag, Arrow, Bow, Bullet, Crossbow, Gun, Idol, Libram (relic), Shield, Sigil, Thrown, Totem (relic), Wand) for this property.
- Requires level 40
- Requires Riding (150)
- Use: Teaches you how to summon Baron Rivendare's steed. This is a very fast mount.
- Sell Price: 2 50
Deathcharger's Reins summon Baron Rivendare's steed, Rivendare's Deathcharger, a mount that adds 100% to movement speed. Prior to Patch 3.0.2 it was extremely rare, even more so than the epic two-handed sword . Deathcharger shares the same design as the Forsaken epic racial mount, the skeletal warhorse with a blue color scheme. Its use is not restricted by race or faction.
Deathcharger is the name of Baron Rivendare's skeletal horse. The undead steed is his most prized possession.
- Deathcharger's Reins drop off Baron Rivendare in Stratholme.
- As of Patch 4.1, it may appear in the reward from the Dungeon Finder bonus quest  .
- This is the only Skeletal Horse mount available to members of the Alliance.
- Obtaining this mount awards the Feat of Strength, .
- This used to be a Blue item , the only "rare" mount in the game, and the drop was extremely rare (0.02%?).
- The Stratholme instance can be reset and run 10 times per hour.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Potentially contained in , but rarer chance at around 0.1%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Drop rate increased from 0.02% to 1%.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Changed to an epic from rare.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Deathcharger's Reins can now be used by Tauren.