Once stalwart defenders of nature, the corrupted ancients fell before the might of the Burning Legion. They were corrupted by demonic energies and now seek to spread their sickness and hatred among all living creatures. The great tree is warped, with rotted black bark and sickly yellowed leaves. The twisted face in its trunk snarls in hatred, a putrid stench roiling from its maw. Its root-like legs and gnarled branch-like arms smash through the underbrush as it lunges through the forest. Corrupted ancients are driven by demonic energies to destroy everything in their path. Foes who do not fall before the corrupted ancient's overwhelming strength are exposed to the deadly poison the creatures exhale. Unlike the trees that produce life giving oxygen, a corrupted ancient exhales a poison gas. ( )
In Warcraft III
- Corrupted Tree of Life
- Corrupted Tree of Ages
- Corrupted Tree of Eternity
- Corrupted Ancient Protector
- Corrupted Ancient of War
In World of Warcraft
- Tendris Warpwood might be the only known corrupted ancient currently found in the Azeroth.
- Old Ironbark is a corrupted ancient before he is redeemed.
- Nightmare Aberration are another corrupted ancient seen during  within the Emerald Nightmare.