Coalesced Realm, also know sometimes as cross-realm zone, is a temporary joining of populations from different Realms in the same world zone. Coalesced Realm is also a label that appears in a player character tool-tip to identify the target as from a another realm. A player who is coalesced is only temporarily joined in the current zone, primarily to fill what would have been a lowly populated zone. A Coalesced Realm differs from a Connected Realm, or 'Virtual Realm', in that it is temporary and per-zone, much like as in battlegrounds or other types of instances.
The concept of the 'Coalesced Realm' is the same as inter-realm instances, where player's are joined from more than one home Realm, except that is instead being done in a regular world zone.
Coalesced Realm label was added in Patch 5.4 to make it easier to identify temporary coalesced members, and appears in a player character tooltip to identify them as not from the realm of the player who mouses over the player character. It is basically to inform that the character is part of a cross-realm zone, but not a Connected Realm.
- The first version of this tooltip change looks to have appeared in PTR build 17056. and then got updated in build 17124.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013): New in tooltip.
- ^ Vrakthris 2013-09-10. #13 Coalesced realm?. Official forum (US).
- ^ Orlyia 2013-09-10. #18 Coalesced realm?. Official forum (US).
- ^ chaud 2013-06-12. Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056. MMO Champion. “COALESCED_REALM_TOOLTIP - Coalesced Realm (*)\nGroup, Whisper”
- ^ chaud 2013-06-27. Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17124. MMO Champion.