The Charger is an epic version of the Warhorse mount only available to paladins. It is trainable at level 40 and up until Patch 4.0.1 was a reward for completing a lengthy quest series. Completing the lengthy chain awarded a Feat of Strength achievement and also rewarded Journeyman Riding. Training this ability at level 40 requires 150 riding skill and the Warhorse ability learned.
Alliance v Horde
Blood elf paladins receive a different but similar ability, , by the same means. Humans and dwarves receive a with blue livery and golden-plated armor, and which exudes a light golden aura. However, the blood elf Charger has red livery, with what appears to be brass armor, and exudes a reddish aura.
These quests were removed in Patch 4.0.1
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Quest chain removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Can now be learned at level 40.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): New icon.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.