Celestial Steed summons a Celestial Steed, which serves both as a flying mount in Outland and Northrend, and a ground mount in Azeroth.
It was released on 4/15/10 along with Lil' XT.
Players are mailed this mount by Mei Francis:
I'm told you've been searching for a -truly- exotic mount.
How about one that'll have you seeing stars?
At last, your search is over. Enjoy!
- Available only to players on realms located in North America, Europe, and Korea.
- Players who purchase it receive a code similar to that of the loot cards. When you enter the code in your account all characters are mailed a copy of this pet, as well as any future characters you create.
- Unlike other mounts that scale to your riding skill, if your character owns any 310% speed mount then the Celestial Steed will also move at 310% speed.
- Though the mount is adjusted to your riding skill and location, it only does so when you mount up. For instance, if you mount up in Dalaran, you will have a non-flying mount. If you then ride into Krasus' Landing it will not automatically turn into a flying mount. To fly, you will need to dismount and mount up again, just like Magic Brooms in Hallow's End.
- As of the date of release, those using old graphics cards or using fixedFunction will see odd graphics on the model for this mount.
- Since it's initial release, the mount has provided many negative results. Most have been targeted towards the belief that Blizzard will try and market mounts and other non-necessary items such as pets. Many players often view "Real money for pixels" as being a way to show off, and is seen as unfair to the overall population that the items must be bought, instead of being earned in-game. City trade is often where arguments take place and evolve into "Flame Wars" over the matter.
Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Undocumented Added.
|Video:Celestial Steed Mount|