Brain Freeze is a passive mage ability learned at level 77 for those who have chosen the Frost specialization. It gives and subsequent multistrikes a chance to grant an instant-cast at zero mana cost while acting as if the enemy were frozen.
- This allows for great mobility in PvP, giving the Frost Mage even stronger burst potential.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Brain Freeze now has a 15% increased chance to trigger on each multistrike (down from 25%).
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): The Brain Freeze effect now increases Frostfire Bolt's damage by 25%, and can now stack up to 2 times. It also no longer triggers from the Bomb Talents, and instead has a 10% chance to trigger from Frostbolt casts. Each Multistrike of Frostbolt increases that cast's chance by an additional 25%. (Total of 60% on double-Multistrikes).
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Brain Freeze can now proc from Frostfire Orb (Rank 2).
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): This talent now allows your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt to be instant and cost no mana. There is a small internal cooldown to keep the Frostfire Bolt from immediately triggering Brain Freeze again.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.