Bows are long-ranged weapons that use physical muscle power to fire (however, a character's Strength attribute has no effect). They are similar to crossbows and guns in use; all three use the shooting skill and related hunter skills, including Auto-Shot. Character stats are applied the same way for each type, although stats will vary from item to item.
Vs. Other Shooting Weapons Edit
- There are a wide variety of bows available, and they are often the cheapest shooting weapons in the Auction House.
- Bows typically have a shorter cooldown time than that of crossbows, but with lower Damage.
- Unlike guns, bows cannot be crafted by any profession. They must be bought, looted, or earned from quests.
A bow may be enhanced by installing an engineer-crafted scope on it.
- The basic elements of a bow are a pair of curved elastic limbs, joined by a riser. Both ends of the limbs are connected by a string known as the bow string. By pulling the string backwards the archer exerts compressive force on the string-facing section, or belly, of the limbs as well as placing the outer section, or back, under tension. The force required to hold the string stationary at full draw is often used to express the power of a bow, and is known as its draw weight, or weight. Other things being equal, a higher draw weight means a more powerful bow, which is able to project heavier arrows at the same velocity or the same arrow at a greater velocity.
- As of Battle for Azeroth, bows can finally be crafted with .
Patch changes Edit
/ Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010):
- Bows no longer require ammunition
- All hunters, rogues, and warriors start with the bow skill, regardless if they are initially equipped with one.
See also Edit
- "Weapon categories" section of Class proficiencies for which classes can use which weapons
- Quiver - Special bags that used to increase your Ranged Attack Speed