|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
The Black Market Auction House (or "BMAH") is a type of Auction House that gives players access to bid on items normally not sold by NPCs. The Black Market is run by the mysterious <Leader of the Black Market>. She is located in Dalaran above the Broken Isles, setting up shop among the lawless elements in the Underbelly.
The items for auction vary by server, as other servers are able to bid on various items.
Bids start in the 10,000-20,000 range and there is no buyout option. The sky is the limit when competing against other collectors for items. Mounts seem to start at 20,000, armor at 10,000, companions/pets at 10,000, and misc items at 10,000 - 15,000.
The auctions last for more than 12 hours and return your gold to you when outbid or the item upon winning. After winning, another item is not added to the auction house immediately. The number of items that are up for auction is not the same across all servers.
Requirements and issues of note
- You need a lot of gold, as the lowest bids start at 1,000.
- Be prepared for a contested zone, so you can expect a lot of ganking on PvP realms.
Faster access in Patch 6.2This section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Player can obtain a quest item, , from a naval mission, [??] Ship-Treasure . The manifest gives a quest, . Upon completing the quest, player can browse Black Market Auction House in their garrison via a new NPC, .
It's not clear what requirements are needed for your Shipyard to get the Black Market Journal naval mission.
New Draenor locationThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
- You'll need the Warlords of Draenor expansion.
- Get to the Ring of Blood (around [0, 0]), in northern Nagrand, a level 98 area.
Original old locationThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
- You'll need the Mists of Pandaria expansion.
- Get to the Veiled Stair, a level 87 area.
How does it work
- There are about 10 items in the auction house at all times that vary in item type and rarity.
- There is no buyout option. This means that if you really want an item you will have to win it by bidding on it.
- The bids start at 10,000.
- The bidding works similar to the other auction houses bids.
- All auctions last for more than 12 hours.
- After an item is bought by someone, another item is not added to the auction house immediately.
- The items you might find in BMAH are realm-based.
The most up-to-date list can usually be found via the Wowhead filter.
|A sample of items for auction|
|Armor sets||Armor - Back||Armor - Neck|
|Armor - Finger||Armor - Waist||Armor - Wrist|
Most auctions are posted by various well known NPCs, depending on the item type:
- from Warcraft Pets sells all the Argent Tournament pets.
- and of <Droffers and Son Salvage> in Orgrimmar list many Tier 3 pieces.
- , a Stormwind City poison vendor, sells Druid Tier 3.
- , the NPC who redeems TCG codes in Booty Bay, sells TCG items.
- , a Stormwind bartender wearing a top hat and tux with shorts and flipflops, sells some Tier 3.
- , a Dalaran vendor who sells exotic mounts, as well as the mailer behind Celestial Steed and Reins of the Albino Drake, sells various mounts.
- from the Ring of Blood sells Zena's kittens.
- Elusive Goblin leader sells crafting patterns.
- Peripatetic sells ilvl 509 heroic items.
- , , and all sell items, although their listings have blank items.
Gear up a character
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p perculia 2012-07-03. Mists of Pandaria: Black Market Auction House. Wowhead News.
- ^ a b chaud 2012-05-12. Mists of Pandaria Beta - Build 15689. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i chaud 2012-05-13. Black Market Auction House Items, Diablo III Information Recap. MMO Champion.
- ^ a b c Luci 2012-07-28. Black Market Auction House - All you need to know. Wowjuju.
- ^ Luci 2014-08-11. Black Market Auction House and WoD. Wowjuju. Archived from the original on 2015-04-14.