|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- Were you looking for the lore on the insectoid location or nation called Azjol-Nerub or the realms, Azjol-Nerub (EU) or Azjol-Nerub (US)?
|Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom (5)|
Azjol-Nerub is a 5-man instance for the 72-74 range that is situated in the nerubian empire. The actual instance is mostly under Scourge control, under leadership of Anub'arak, but pockets of Nerubian resistance still stand. The Nerubians are fighting a losing war against the Scourge.
 calls this section of Azjol-Nerub the 'Upper City' which may refer to the Upper Kingdom, despite being called just Azjol-Nerub in-game.
On Heroic mode, completing the entire instance awards approximately 1300 reputation.
In-game subregions Edit
|The Brood Pit • The Gilded Gate • Hadronox's Lair • Passage of Lost Fiends|
Dungeon Denizens Edit
- Crypt fiends
- Crypt lords
- Nerubian flyers
- Nerubian spiderlings
- Nerubian vizier (one, Krik'thir the Gatewatcher)
- Roaches (critters)
- Anub'ar Skirmishers that are part of the very first trash waves. They enrage and target a random group member for 10 seconds. Immune to taunt and most CC except stuns. Can two shot cloth wearers. Enrage can be dispelled by hunters and rogues.
- Anub'ar Prime Guards are the last two trash mobs before encountering Anub'arak. They cast a stacking debuff decreasing all party members' damage done, and increasing the mob's damage done. In addition, they cast a debuff on a random party member that causes shadow damage every tick, and will cause shadow damage to nearby party members if healed.
- Main article: Azjol-Nerub loot
|Heroic Azjol-Nerub LvL 85 Speed Run by Peachs the Druid|