Either she or Eadric the Pure will be encountered after defeating the three grand champions of the opposite faction.
- The priestess drops lightwells, casts Holy Smite and Shadow Word: Pain. On heroic, she will also try to Mind Contol someone unless interrupted.
- The lightwielder melees and casts cleave.
- The monk has Final Meditation (on heroic only) which encases him in bubble at 1 hp and slows attack and movement speed of nearby players.
- 30 yd range—Consumes an enemy in flames, burning it and inflicing addtional fire damage every 2 sec. over 8 sec.
- —Forcing nearby players to confess their darkest memories. Argent Confessor Paletress is shielded for 100% damage reduce, throwing 25% of damage done back at the attacker.
- —Summons a memory from the past. Summons one of the following memories:
Algalon the Observer, Archimonde, Chromaggus, Cyanigosa, Priestess Delrissa, Eck the Ferocious, Entropius, Gruul the Dragonkiller, Hakkar the Soulflayer, Heigan the Unclean, Herod, Hogger, Ignis the Furnace Master, Illidan Stormrage, Ingvar the Plunderer, Warlord Kalithresh, Lucifron, Prince Malchezaar, Mutanus the Devourer, Onyxia, Prince Thunderaan, Edwin VanCleef, Lady Vashj, Vek'nilash, General Vezax.
They all seem to have the same abilities:
- —Strikes fear in nearby enemies, inflicting 1,000 (Heroic 1,250) Shadow damage per second for 3 (Heroic: 4) seconds and causing them to flee in terror for 3 (Heroic: 4) seconds. 2.71 sec cast
- 40 yd range—Shadows of the past writhe around the target, inflicting 4,250 to 5,750 (Heroic: 5,313 to 7,187) Shadow damage and reducing attack and casting speeds by 90% for 4 (Heroic: 5) seconds. 0.903 sec cast
- —Inflicts 1,500 (Heroic: 1,875) Physical damage to an enemy every 1 sec. for 12 sec. Melee range
Paletress summons a random memory. While the ghost is alive, Paletress puts a 100% damage reduction shield on herself but doesn't (bug?) remain attacking the tank. Anyone who attacks Paletress while her shield is up will receive 25% of the damage dealt as damage to yourself. It should be noted, however, that she is still interruptable through the shield. Anybody with a kick-like interrupt can do this. This can be very helpful for interrupting the renew, even when she has summoned the memory.
Simply attack her until she summons the memory, take it down and finish her off afterward.
Her Renew is a magic effect, removing it can speed up the fight. If you have a Mage in the group the renew extremely powerful, is Spellstealable, and will greatly reduce said Mage's drain on the healer should he/she steal it.
The memory's Waking Nightmare is a typeless fear effect, and any ability that removes fear can be useful.
Putting up a Fear Ward might help the healer from getting feared to often and becomming unable to heal the tank.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Well fought! Your next challenge comes from the Crusade's own ranks. You will be tested against their considerable prowess.
- Jaeren Sunsworn/Arelas Brightstar yells: The next combatant is second to none in her passion for upholding the Light. I give you Argent Confessor Paletress!
- The Alliance spectators cheer for Argent Confessor Paletress.
- The Horde spectators cheer for Argent Confessor Paletress.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: Thank you, good herald. Your words are too kind.
- Argent Confessor Paletress says: May the Light give me strength to provide a worthy challenge.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: You may begin!
- Well then, let us begin.
Summoning a memory:
- Take this time to consider your past deeds.
Killing a player:
- Take your rest.
- Be at ease.
- Even the darkest memory fades when confronted.
- Excellent work!
Normal PTR encounter
Patches and hotfixes
Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added