|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Ferocious Inspiration, Cobra Strikes, Improved Arcane Shot, Rapid Killing, Improved Steady Shot, Survival Instincts, Hunting Party|
|Requirements||Requires Ranged Weapon|
- A hunter's deadly accuracy doesn't just seem like magic; sometimes, it is.
Arcane shot isn't as efficient as Steady Shot, but its instant cast speed makes it useful when it comes to burst damage. It is very useful in PvP and for kiting.
- Damage Formula: [ RAP * 0.15 + X ]
- Arcane Shot deals arcane damage which is bypasses armor, but can be partially resisted.
- Though it deals magic damage, Arcane Shot is not considered a spell and gains no benefit from spellpower, spell hit, or spell critical strike.
Tips and tactics
During long fights, Arcane Shot's mana inefficiency can make it a less attractive ability. However, that doesn't make it useless. Working in a few shots, especially in fights that end before mana becomes an issue, can boost your dps.
Arcane shot can be very powerful in PvP. Mobility is the key in PvP, especially for ranged classes, and the burst nature of this shot is also welcome. This is an often overlooked fact because arcane shot deals arcane damage, which bypasses the heavy armor of Warriors, Paladins and Death Knights.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Casting lower ranks of Arcane Shot than your maximum rank will now reduce the bonus you receive from attack power.
- Patch 2.0.6 (2007-01-23): The base damage for Arcane Shot has been reduced by about 9% and the bonus damage from ranged attack power reduced from 20% to 15%
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Arcane Shot (Ranks 6 and above) now dispel 1 Magic effect in addition to their normal damage.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Dispel 1 Magic effect removed. 
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Marked for Death now also affects Arcane Shot.