|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
|Requirements||Requires Melee Weapon|
Ambush is a core rogue ability learned at level six. It is one of the hardest hitting in the rogue's arsenal of abilities. Note that using a dagger results in a higher percentage of damage and the rogue must be and behind the target. ed
Modified by Edit
- Assassination abilities
- Subtlety abilities
- Very effective in taking out cloth-wearing targets quickly.
- Ambush is arguably preferable over in PvP as an opener against mages, as a mage's Blink ability is usable while under a stun effect.
- A critical hit with an Ambush followed by a well-timed can put an enemy at a severe health disadvantage from the beginning of the fight, in addition to starting you off with 2-3 Combo Points.
- Use in PvE if you are having trouble getting behind a target to line up an Ambush.
- A quickly-executed "Ambush -> -> Ambush" combo attack can inflict severe damage on any single target.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Ambush damage has been increased by 12%.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Available at level 8. No longer requires a dagger, but a dagger gives more Ambush damage than an other melee weapon.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from talents which increase its damage by a percentage.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): The damage multiplier on this ability has been increased from 250% to 275%.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target when using Ambush. Ambush now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.