- Explore Azeroth as one of six new playable Allied Races, including four you've encountered in your campaign against the Legion. Embark on a quest to earn their favor and unlock each race, adding their strength to your faction. Create a new character and complete the full leveling experience to earn a distinctive Heritage Armor set.
|Dark Iron dwarves|
Available with future
|Kul Tiran humans|
Available with future
Allied races are a new concept introduced with Battle for Azeroth, sometimes called "sub races", that allow players to play new races that are mechanically very similar to their parent races, but have additional separate lore and have an initial lore and quest campaign to complete before they are fully unlocked.
Allied races start at level 20; once unlocked, the race is unlocked across the player's entire account. Though players may elect to race change to an allied race and/or level boost (only after unlocking the race), playing from 20 to max level will unlock a set of race-specific cosmetic gear (Heritage Armor). This gear is not able to be transmogrified outside the allied race it belongs to, but can be transmogged between armor types.
Each race comes with unique racial abilities, mounts, emotes, and customization options.
Though there were six allied races announced before the launch of Battle for Azeroth, Blizzard stated at BlizzCon 2017 they do intend to add more. As of Patch 7.3.5, the unlock experience for four of the allied races (two for each faction) was made available for those player who pre-oreded the expansion. Closer to expansion launch, two more allied races (Kul Tiran humans and Mag'har orcs) were announced.
- Have purchased Battle for Azeroth (or preorder).
- A level 110 character is required to unlock initial allied races (Highmountain tauren, Nightborne, Void elves, and Zandalari trolls); however, a player may create an allied race character on any server once unlocked.
- Complete a special scenario for the specific allied race. This scenario must be completed on the same faction as the desired allied race.
Achievement and reputation
- Note that these can be unlocked on any character, not necessarily one of the same faction as those below.
- Dark Iron dwarves:
- Kul Tiran humans: to be determined sometime after expansion release
- (Available with pre-order) Lightforged draenei: Exalted with Army of the Light and completion of You Are Now Prepared!
- (Available with pre-order) Void elves: Exalted with Argussian Reach and completion of You Are Now Prepared!
- (Available with pre-order) Highmountain tauren: Exalted with Highmountain Tribe and completion of Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Mag'har orcs:
- (Available with pre-order) Nightborne: Exalted with the The Nightfallen and completion of Insurrection
- Zandalari trolls: to be determined sometime after expansion release
- Battle for Azeroth
- Patch 8.0.1 (13-Aug-2018): Remaining access added.
- Patch 7.3.5 (16-Jan-2018): Pre-order access added.
- ^ https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth
- ^ a b perculia 2017-12-19. 7.3.5 PTR Build 25727 Allied Race Unlock Requirements. Wowhead News.
- ^ Error on call to Template:ref web: Parameters url and title must be specifiedBlizzard Entertainment 2018-08-30. . World of Warcraft official game saite (US)=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22327255/new-allied-races-ready-to-recruit.