|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Talent tree||Marksmanship, Tier 3|
|Barrage, Improved Barrage, Piercing Shots, Improved Steady Shot, Marked for Death, Sniper Training|
|Requirements||Requires ranged weapon|
- One shot. One kill.
An aimed shot that increases ranged damage by X and reduces healing done to that target by 50% for 10 seconds.
- Though the name suggests otherwise, Aimed Shot can miss and be blocked.
- Glyph of Aimed Shot reduces the mana cost by 20%.
- Glyph of Trueshot Aura increases the critical strike chance of Aimed Shot by 10%.
Tips and tactics
It is usually used in the following situations:
- Effective against mobs which can heal, or in PvP where there are healers,
- As a substitute for Distracting Shot for pulling aggro off casters, and
- When the target is afflicted by Freezing Trap or otherwise incapacitated.
- Patch 1.7 (2005-09-22): Fixed tooltip to correctly display shot time
- Patch 1.10 (2006-03-28): This ability now has its attack power normalized the same as melee instant attacks. This means that the attack power contribution from all ranged weapons will be the same, no matter what their speed. All weapons will contribute attack power as if they were 2.8 speed. Weapons slower than 2.8 speed will do slightly less damage than previously; weapons faster than 2.8 speed will do slightly more damage.
The reason for this 'normalization' of weapon speeds amongst ranged weapons was because of two particularly slow blue weapons, the and the . Both have a 3.3 weapon speed, and with enough attack power, the user could hit harder with these crossbows than slightly faster Epic weapons such as .
- Patch 2.0.6 (2007-01-23): Auto Shot is now reset when casting Aimed Shot.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added reduction of healing done to that target by 50% and cast time was reduced to 3 sec from 3.5 sec. The reduced healing effect does not stack with Warriors' Mortal Strike or with Rogues' Wound Poison.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost has been reduced from 11% of base mana to 8%, casting time reduced from 2.5 sec to instant. Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 10 seconds and damage reduced.