This function was introduced in Patch 3.0. It will serve as an all-in-one solution for querying unit buffs and debuffs. UnitBuff and UnitDebuff will serve as aliases with built-in harmful/helpful filters. Usage:
name, rank, icon, count, debuffType, duration, expirationTime, unitCaster, isStealable = UnitAura("unit", index or ["name", "rank"][, "filter"])
- String - The unit you want debuff information for.
- Number - The index of the debuff to retrieve info for. Starts at 1, maximum 40.
- This parameter can be any of "HELPFUL", "HARMFUL", "PLAYER", "RAID", "CANCELABLE", "NOT_CANCELABLE". You can also specify several filters separated by a | or space character to chain multiple filters together (e.g. "HELPFUL|RAID" or "HELPFUL RAID" == helpful buffs that you can cast on your raid). By default UnitAura has "HELPFUL" as an implicit filter - you cannot get back BOTH helpful and harmful at the same time. Neither "HELPFUL" or "HARMFUL" have meaning for UnitBuff/UnitDebuff, and will be ignored.
- String - The name of the spell or effect of the debuff. This is the name shown in yellow when you mouse over the icon.
- String - The rank of the spell or effect that caused the debuff. Returns "" if there is no rank.
- Number - The number of times the debuff has been applied to the target. Returns 0 for any debuff which doesn't stack. ( Changed in 1.11 ).
- String - The type of the debuff: Magic, Disease, Poison, Curse, or nothing for those with out a type.
- Number - The full duration of the debuff in seconds; nil if the debuff was not cast by the player.
- Number - Time in seconds when the aura will expire.
- String - unitId reference to the unit that casted the buff/debuff.
- Boolean - 1 or nil depending on if the aura can be spellstolen.
1. Prints the name of any stealable buffs on the current target, or a notice if nothing is stealable:
/run local y=0;for i=1,40 do local n,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,isStealable=UnitAura("target",i);if isStealable==1 then print(n.." on target, steal it!")y=1;end end if y~=1 then print("No stealable buffs.")end
- Patch 3.0 combined UnitDebuff and UnitBuff into this command.
- Patch 3.1 changed "isMine" to "unitCaster". It is now possible for addons to retrieve the unitId that casted the buff/debuff.