→ WoW API
Returns the number of the continent the world map is currently showing
continent = GetCurrentMapContinent();
- Number - Indicates which continent (from GetMapContinents()) the map is currently showing, or 0 for all.
- -1 - if showing the cosmic map or a Battleground map. Also when showing The Scarlet Enclave, the Death Knights' starting area.
- 0 - if showing the entire world of Azeroth (all three continents - Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms & Northrend)
- 1 - if showing Kalimdor, or a zone map within it
- 2 - if showing Eastern Kingdoms, or a zone map within it
- 3 - if showing Outland, or a zone map within it
- 4 - if showing Northrend, or a zone map within it
- 5 - if showing The Maelstrom, or a zone map within it
- 6 - if showing Pandaria, or a zone map within it
- 7 - if showing Draenor, or a zone map within it
local continent = GetCurrentMapContinent();
- Note that the value returned represents the map display, and not necessarily the player's actual location. The SetMapToCurrentZone() function will reset the values to represent the player's location.
- However for macros since, the map display is reset to the players location when the world map is closed, this can be used as the players location.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.