| Эта незавершённая статья или раздел нуждается в переводе.
"Boss" не входит в список допустимых значений (Альянс, Орда, Нейтральная, Бой) для этого свойства.
|Раса||Красный дракон (Дракон)|
|Здоровье||1,910,400 (of 6,368,000)|
|Фракция||Род красных драконов|
|Nemesis of Nefarian|
|Зона||Shadow Wing Lair, Логово Крыла Тьмы|
|Статус||Убит (история), Убиваемый (WoW)|
|Родственники||Алекстраза (мать), Калестраз (брат), Изера (тетя), Меритра (кузина)|
Vaelastrasz is a member of the Dragonqueen Alexstrasza's red dragonflight who fought against - and became enslaved by - the vile Nefarian, son of Deathwing, master of the black and chromatic dragonflights. He resides in Nefarian's citadel of Blackwing Lair and is the second boss of the raid, after Razorgore the Untamed.
Vaelastrasz is a red dragon. He is also known as when he is in human form. He is initially a friendly NPC to the player, but eventually becomes a foe. In the WoW story, Vaelastrasz (commonly referred to as Vael) has sworn to hunt Nefarian and the black dragonflight until the end of his days.
Players may encounter Vaelastrasz three different times in WoW:
- He is hiding in LBRS near the beginning of the instance (first in Orc form, then Human). He gives players a quest to create the UBRS key. (If you're having difficulty finding him, try having your gamma way up, and look up - there's a hidden ramp you need to go up.)
- He helps a group of players to fight Rend Blackhand in Blackrock Spire. Vaelastrasz projects an illusion of himself to help the heroes, angering Nefarian. This effect must be activated via the Seal of Ascension. Vael will both attack Rend and heal your raid if you time it right.
- Vael eventually tracks Nefarian to Blackwing Lair and fights him, but loses. In the fight Vael is severely wounded and Nefarian corrupts him. When the raid enters the room you will see Nefarian, in his human form, corrupting Vaelastrasz with his magic. Nefarian notices the players and gives the now corrupted Vaelastrasz the order to kill them—then vanishes from the scene. Vaelastrasz buffs all the players before losing control so that they have a chance of killing him (he doesn't want to be the tool of Nefarian).
Vaelastrasz is considered one of the most intense fights WoW has yet to release. While the fight can be unbelievably frustrating taking some guilds months to get their first kill once he finally goes down it becomes a favorite of most people who experience it.
- Essence of the Red —The blessing of Alexstrasza is applied to all allies nearby. Restores 500 Mana per second. Restores 50 Energy per second. Generates 20 Rage per second. Generates 20 Runic Power per second. Instant, cast at start of encounter. 3 minute duration
- Fire Nova —Inflicts Fire damage to nearby enemies. Instant. Hits for 555-645 Fire in a 100-yd radius.
- Flame Breath— дистанция 45 метров —Inflicts 3500 to 4500 Fire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 2 sec cast. Debuff ticks for 938 to 1062 damage every 3 sec for 15 sec.
- Burning Adrenaline —Damage done increased by 100%. Spells cast are all instant. Reduces max health by 5% every second. Deals 4376 to 5624 damage to surrounding allies on death. Instant. Cast every 15 seconds on a mana-user. Every third cast on the current tank instead.
- Cleave— дистанция Melee метров —Inflicts normal damage plus 50 to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 10 targets. Will chain to targets within 10 yards.
- Tail Sweep— дистанция 30 метров —Inflicts 925 to 1075 damage on enemies in a cone behind the caster, knocking them back. Instant. 150-yard knockback.
Vaelastrasz is an intense, time-critical encounter. It must be completed while Essence of the Red is active. Essence of the Red gives casters 500 mana per second, rogues 50 energy per second, and warriors 20 rage per second. While it is active, mana, energy and rage conservation are non-issues, but it will wear off three minutes after the fight begins, and then healers will no longer be able to keep up with the damage being constantly dished out to the raid. Encounters with Vael are often described as "won at 2:45" or "wiped at 3:15".
Given the short time window, Vaelastrasz is most easily killed when the raid has tremendous DPS and adequate healing power. The encounter is a balancing act between threat control and DPS. It will test the raid's abilities on both counts.
For the first attempt, Vael will be lying on the floor, flagged as friendly. The encounter will begin when the puller (the first main tank) talks to Vael. Should the raid wipe, Vael will be positioned in the middle of the room and the raid must stick to the walls when getting repositioned. In this case, the main tank should approach Vaelastrasz head-on to begin the encounter safely.
Positioning for Vael is critical because he has powerful raid-wiping attacks in both the front (cleave) and the rear (tail swipe). These are some suggestions:
1) Casters (warlocks, mages, and their healers) should be positioned on one side of Vaelastrasz, against the wall, clumped together. Hunters and the tanking line up should be positioned opposite the casters. Rogues will be meleeing Vael broadside, staying between front and hind legs to avoid the rear tail swipe knockback and the front cleave attack. Offtanks should be hacking away closer to Vael's front, around his shoulders, ready to move to the main tank's spot. To reduce healing strain, only the next warrior should move toward this position at a time, due to chaining cleaves. The rest should be in a similar position as the rogues.
2) Ranged DPS and healers should stand against the wall to Vael's right. Melee DPS should be positioned at or just behind Vael's right shoulder (don't get too close to his front). Tanks should stand on the opposite side (Vael's left) near the rear leg. The off-tank should be positioned somewhere near Vael's left foreleg. The purpose of this positioning is to limit the damage that chain cleaves can do. The inevitable spreading-out that melee classes will do if they aren't careful can leave a lot of players vulnerable to chain cleaves, which will propagate from the main tank through the off-tank through the rogues. Every such chain cleave can kill several melee DPS players, and you simply can't afford those losses. If DPS players stay by the right foreleg, they will not be hit by a tail swipe when Vael rotates to his left to attack the OT.
- Lord Victor Nefarius кричит: Ah, the heroes, you are persistent aren't you? Your ally here attempted to match his power against mine - and paid the price. Now he shall serve me...by slaughtering you.
- Lord Victor Nefarius кричит: Get up little red wyrm...and destroy them!
- Vael's gossip
- I... I have failed, <name>. The Lord of Bla... The Lord of Blackrock is too powerful. He consumed my energy with... with ease. I turn... I... kill me... you must... you must kill me.
- I cannot, Vaelastrasz! Surely something can be done to heal you!
- I perform one final service. I pray it is sufficient...
- Vaelastrasz, no!!!
- Too late...friends. Nefarius' corruption has taken hold. I cannot...control myself.
- I beg you Mortals, flee! Flee before I lose all sense of control. The Black Fire rages within my heart. I must release it!
- FLAME! DEATH! DESTRUCTION! COWER MORTALS BEFORE THE WRATH OF LORD....NO! I MUST FIGHT THIS! ALEXSTRASZA, HELP ME! I MUST FIGHT!
- Reaching 15%
- Nefarius' hate has made me stronger than ever before. You should have fled, while you could, mortals! The fury of Blackrock courses through my veins!
- Killing a player
- Forgive me (player), your death only adds to my failure.
- Note: With sound on you can hear him say "Forgive me friend, your death only adds to my failure."
- At last the agony ends. I have failed you my Queen... I have failed us all...
|Belt of Ten Storms||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Belt of Transcendence||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Bloodfang Belt||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Dragonstalker's Belt||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Judgement Belt||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Nemesis Belt||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Netherwind Belt||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Stormrage Belt||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Waistband of Wrath||Тир 2 Пояс|
|Dragonfang Blade||Agility dagger|
|Helm of Endless Rage||Plate strength helm|
|Mind Quickening Gem||trinket|
|Pendant of the Fallen Dragon||Intellect neck|
|Red Dragonscale Protector||Intellect shield|
|Rune of Metamorphosis||trinket|
Изменения в обновлениях
- Исправление (04-08-2011): "Burning Adrenaline is properly removing the focus cost of Arcane Shot."
- Обновление 1.8.0 (10-10-2005):
- There is no longer a one-hour time restriction on the Vaelastraz the Corrupt encounter in Blackwing Lair.
- Fixed a bug that caused the debuff "Burning Adrenaline" to be removed if enough other debuffs were applied to the target.
- Шаблон:Обновление 1.6.1
- Обновление 1.6.0 (12-07-2005): Добавлен.