- Instant Poison
- Classes: Rogue
- Use: Coats a weapon with poison that lasts for 1 hour.
Each strike has a 20% chance of poisoning the enemy which instantly inflicts X Nature damage.
- 3 sec cast
- "This may sting a bit..."
Instant Poison is the first damaging poison a rogue can use. Once applied to a weapon, each successful hit will have a 20% (up to 30% with the Improved Poisons talent) chance to inflict nature damage instantly.
Instant Poison and Crippling Poison are the first poisons a rogue may use after finishing the required quest at level 20. Additional ranks may be used at appropriate levels.
Instant Poison Ranks
Every rank of Instant Poison does an additional 0.1 * AP damage.
- Safe to use in any situation, as it has no CC-breaking DoTs.
- Nature damage is not reduced by armor, so it is more effective against heavily armored opponents.
- Flat 20% proc rate means that fast weapons deal more poison damage.
- Shiv can be used to automatically apply the poison, effectively increasing flat damage of the attack.
- Without points in Improved Poisons, Wound Poison, because of its higher proc rate, does more damage.